This weeks Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Broke and Bookish, is about our top ten children’s and teen books we would like to revisit.
The books we read when we are young have a profound effect on us, far more so then those we read as adults. The books below are those I read and reread till they were falling apart. Some I have reread as an adult out of curiosity but they no longer hold the same magic they once did in the innocence of childhood. I would love to revisit them but know I never can.
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery
- Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield
- This is All by Aidan Chambers
- How I Live Now by Meg Rossoff
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson
- The Countess Below Stairs Eva Ibbotson
- Little Women series by Louisa May Alcott
- The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis